Tuesday 3 June 2014

May Wrap Up & June TBR


I have officially surpassed all my previous reading years and have read more books in five months than I've ever been able to accomplish in a year. (My previous record was 44 books/year.) This is absolute madness and I'm loving it.

BOOKS READ


The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3) by Rae Carson ★★★★★
The Program (The Program #1) by Suzanne Young ★★☆☆☆
Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg ★★★☆☆
Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick ★★★★☆
Saga (volume 2) by Brian K Vaughan ★★★★★
172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad ★★★☆☆
Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan ★★★☆☆
Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky #1) by Veronica Rossi ★★★★☆
Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi ★★★★☆
Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) by Veronica Rossi ★★★★☆
The Rithmatist (Rithmatist #1) by Brandon Sanderson ★★★★★
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge ★★☆☆☆

CHALLENGE UPDATES
GOODREADS: 46/50 [+12]
ALPHABET: 19/26 [+2]
SERIES: 6 complete [+2]; 6 ongoing [-1]

NOTABLE POSTS

JUNE TBR
FROM THE LIBRARY:
Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #3) by Laini Taylor [yes, finally]

FROM MY BOOKSHELF:
All Our Yesterdays (All Our Yesterdays #1) by Cristin Terrill [audiobook]
Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity #1) by Elizabeth Wein [audiobook]

So, the library ban didn't go half as well as I'd hoped. Since I read 2/3 of the Under the Never Sky trilogy on loan and then some since my holds came in. But whatever. I didn't really think it'd work out that well for me. I have no willpower when faced with the library.

Still, I'm going to continue to try to make my bookshelf reading a priority. Especially considering I just bought 5 more books from BookOutlet and then a few more at my library's discard book sale. I'm actually running out of room on the shelf again, ack!

Also, this month I finally took the plunge into the world of audiobooks. I really enjoyed the experience despite lukewarm feelings towards the book itself. I'll probably be making a separate post in that soon too! For now, I'm going to try to get to two more from SYNC this month. We'll see!