Monday 26 May 2014

Armchair BEA || Introductions


So BEA (aka Book Expo America) pretty much sounds like a book lover's dream. Except, holy smokes, NYC is super expensive. Thankfully there's Armchair BEA, which offers some of the experience right from the comfort of your own computer.

I'm super glad I found out about this, because truthfully I'd been seething with jealousy every time BEA was mentioned! Let's get into it, shall we?

Introductions


1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Where in the world are you blogging from? 


I'm Katelynn, a 27-year-old blogging from southern Alberta (Canada). During the days, I can be found teaching grade 8 (Math and Science, mostly).

I started blogging in late December of 2013 after having spent a few weeks immersed in the realm of BookTube. I decided I wanted in, but didn't know if video was quite the right medium for me. Thankfully, I've had blogs in one form or another for quite some time (from Geocities, Angelfire and Pitas to LiveJournal and Tumblr) and felt right at home with Blogger.


2. Describe your blog in just one sentence. Then, list your social details -- Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. -- so we can connect more online.

I'm going to cheat and use my header tagline: "A little bit of everything (but mostly books)." Right now I'm almost exclusively books, but I have posted a few baking and music related things before!

As for social media, you can hit me up on Goodreads or Twitter.


3. What genre do you read the most? I love to read because ___________________ .

I read primarily on the sci-fi/fantasy side of things. Though these days that seems to include a little bit of everything, including dystopian, post-apocalyptic and paranormal. Still, I have to say, most of my favourite reads have some sort of sci-fi/fantasy element to them. I like the escapism.

I love to read because I love stories. I love all the aspects of storytelling and I love being captivated by characters and worldbuilding and plot.


4. What was your favorite book read last year? What’s your favorite book so far this year?

Singling out a favourite book is so hard. I'm just going to cheat again and link up my Top 10 from 2013!

As for this year, this at least is a little easier. I'm still going to cheat and name two books though!


Reviews here and here!


5. What book would you love to see as a movie?

I have a few for this one...

The first being the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. I ended up having mixed feelings about this series as a whole, but I think it would translate really well onto the big screen. It would certainly be action packed! (And maybe a film adaptation would fix some of my problems with the series!)

The second is a trilogy I just recently finished and adored: Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. I think there would have to be a lot of adapting here to translate everything here well. But it's got that grand epic feel to it, and I'd love to see all the scenery of the various locations on the big screen. (And also Hector, let's be real here.)

Lastly, sneaking in just under the wire is a book I just finished recently: The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson. I just finished this on Friday and adored it. And since Rithmatics is such a visual medium, I think it would be awesome to see it on the big screen. That and I'm totally prepared to be creeped out by chalklings again!

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to link me to your Armchair BEA posts or just chat about your answers to these questions in the comments!