Friday 2 May 2014

April Wrap Up & May TBR


So, as per usual, things this month did not go according to plan. But I feel like that's okay because it's pretty much a given, right? And also, I read 9 books this month. Whaaaaat.

BOOKS READ


Murder of Crows (The Others #2) by Anne Bishop
Hawkeye: Little Hits (vol 2) by Matt Fraction
Soft Apocalypse by Will McIntosh
Soulless by Christopher Golden
Arranged by Catherine McKenzie
Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips
Eon (Eon #1) by Alison Goodman
The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns #1) by Rae Carson
The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns #2) by Rae Carson

(The links go to my review, if applicable, and to Goodreads if not.)

CHALLENGE UPDATES
GOODREADS: 34/50 [+9]
ALPHABET: 17/26 [+2]
SERIES: 4 complete [+1]; 7 ongoing [+2]

NOTABLE POSTS

MAY TBR
FROM THE LIBRARY:
Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #3) by Laini Taylor

FROM MY BOOKSHELF:
Uglies (Uglies #1) by Scott Westerfeld
172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad
Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick

With the exception of the Laini Taylor book (which is still on order at my public library and I am first in the queue and I might scream if I don't get my hands on this book ASAP) I am sort of putting myself on a library ban.

Let me explain. I was out of town a few times in April and on two of those occassions I went to Chapters and bought a ridiculous number of books. Like, I acquired 10 books on two trips. And then I went to Comic Expo and bought a pile of graphic novels. And the space on my bookshelf is actually becoming an issue again. So. I feel like I need to make a serious dent in my physical collection before I move on.

I also did something interesting this month where I basically marathoned a trilogy from start to finish. I'd never done that before really. And I think after I post a series review I'll probably be making a post on the marathon aspect as well. It was intriguing and I have some thoughts!

So yeah. How did your April go? My calendar has freed up again, so I can't wait to get my blogging back to semi-normal. Let me know what you read and we can chat in the comments!