Saturday 3 May 2014

April Book Haul


I swear I didn't mean to buy so many books in the month of April. It just happened.

I haven't really been keeping track of my bookish acquisitions on this blog, because it hasn't normally been more than the occasional purchase here or there combined with some library books.

But in April I bought 10 books. And 4 graphic novels. In the span of less than 14 days. Oops?

On April 16th I had to travel out of town for a badminton tournament. And the destination in question had a Chapters. (My city does not, much to my ever-present frustration.) So obviously I worked in time for a trip.

I ended up picking up 5 books, and god knows I would've bought more, but I knew I had to place some kind of limit on myself. So I decided that I would only buy books that I knew I couldn't get from my public library.


You can click on any of the books to see what they're all about on Goodreads.

But needless to say, I was pretty proud of myself.

Then, just over a week later was Comic Expo. Again, leading me out of town and again to a place with Chapters. (Though this time, I went to an Indigo store instead, but same difference.)

I got a little carried away again. Though, to be fair, again most of these are not books that my public library has. So.


And this was before Expo had even started!

While on the grounds, I had quite the shopping list of graphic novels, but only managed to find 4 of them.


But wait! I'm not finished yet. (Almost though.)


I bought a copy of The Last Unicorn just to get it signed, because obviously. And I'd actually remembered to bring my copy of World War Z to the Expo for Max Brooks to sign.

Max Brooks is freaking hilarious, by the way. My friend and I were trying to figure out what to say to him while we were in line and he was totally eavesdropping on us. Both our inscriptions have something to do with what he overheard in our conversation.

If you can't read mine, it say, "Ohmygod I can't believe I'm meeting you! OMG! OMG!"

After he signed it, he handed it back to me and said, "There now we're both really excited to have met each other." It was super awesome.

So. That was my April. I figured it warranted a post.

Have you read any of these? What did you pick up this month? Let's chat in the comments!