Monday 1 February 2016

January Wrap Up & February TBR


Well, we've started things off with a bang! I've had a really good reading month, quantity wise, and a pretty good one quality wise too. My average rating this month was 3.3 so I enjoyed most of what I read! 

I also split my reading nearly 60/40 between my own books and library books. Which. I feel like I should've read more of my own books, but I was fooling myself when I said I'd stay away from the library... so!

And so far I've been really good about sticking to my book buying rules. I've read 10 books, so I ordered two that I wanted just because. And the only other two books in that order were books 2 and 3 in a series I started this month and absolutely LOVED.


BOOKS READ


Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne M. Valente ★ 1/2
Their Fractured Light (Starbound #3) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner 
Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng ★ 1/2
Moth (Moth Saga #1) by Daniel Arenson 
Trial By Fire (Worldwalker #1) by Josephine Angelini 
Fortune's Pawn (Paradox #1) by Rachel Bach ★ 1/2
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley ★ 1/2
An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes #1) by Sabaa Tahir ★ 1/2
Steampunk Revolution (Steampunk volume 3) edited by Ann Vandermeer 
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff 
Noggin by John Corey Whaley 


CHALLENGE UPDATES
GOODREADS: 13/50 [+13]
ALPHABET: 9/26 [+9]
SERIES: 1 complete [+1]; 11 ongoing [+4]


NOTABLE POSTS
Reading Stats 2015
Monday Mix || Like Weapons
Unpopular Opinions Book Tag
Monday Mix || Distract Our Hearts
Top 5 Wednesday || Favourite Buzz Words
Monday Mix || Rubber Ring Mix 2015


FEBRUARY TBR
FROM MY BOOKSHELF:
Winter (Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer

FROM THE LIBRARY:
Luck in the Shadows (Nightrunner #1) by Lynn Flewelling
Miss Mayhem (Rebel Belle #2) by Rachel Hawkins

I really need to get around to Winter in February. I'm putting it off for no good reason other than I'm not ready for the series to be over..! The other library books are ones I currently have signed out. So.

I'm definitely planning on reading more than just 4 books. Maybe not the 13 I managed this month, but I like to leave the TBR relatively open so I can pick up whatever I'm feeling like.

What did you read this month? Let's chat in the comments!