Wednesday 30 July 2014

Waiting On Wednesday || I Love I Hate I Miss My Sister by Amelie Sarn




I Love I Hate I Miss My Sister by Amélie Sarn
August 5, 2014
Eighteen-year-old Sohane loves no one more than her beautiful, carefree younger sister, Djelila. And she hates no one as much. The two have always shared everything. But now, Djelila is embracing her life as a secular teen, and Sohane is becoming more religious.

Every choice has a price.

When Sohane starts wearing a head scarf, her school insists that she remove it or she’ll be expelled. Meanwhile, Djelila is repeatedly harassed by neighborhood bullies for not following Muslim customs. Sohane can’t help thinking that Djelila deserves what she gets. She never could have imagined just how far things would go.

I love I hate I miss my sister.

In the year following Djelila’s tragic death, Sohane struggles with her feelings of loss and guilt, revealing a complex relationship between two sisters, each girl’s path to self-discovery, and the consequences they face for being true to themselves.

I just came across this book recently as I was looking for books to be published in the next handful of months. And that title immediately intrigued me... especially with that gorgeous typography layout on the cover.

Then, I read the synopsis. I'm really intrigued by the premise of this book. I'd like to see how it explores both diversity, religion and familial relationships. I'm glad I came across it!