Wednesday 30 December 2015

Books You Should Read in 2016

If you're anything like me, you might have this annoying habit of wanting to read books but putting them off. I do this far too often and have even made a few posts about it before. But regardless of the reason, there always seem to books that I really want to read, but can't quite seem to get around to.

So, let me give you some incentive... or at the very least, some recommendations.

Here are 7 books or series you should read in 2016, if you haven't already!



1. The Daughter of Smoke & Bone Trilogy by Laini Taylor
Who doesn't love a completed trilogy? Taylor's writing is gorgeous and her spin on urban fantasy is fantastic.

2. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
... I may or may not currently be putting off reading the final installment, Winter, if only because I'm not ready for this to end!

3. The Starbound Trilogy by Amie Kaufmann & Meagan Spooner
I'm hoping to read Their Fractured Light ASAP, but the the first two companion novels in this series are just really excellent sci-fi. I can't wait to see how it all comes together!



4. Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
The book for book lovers. Delightful, heartwarming and laugh-out-loud funny.

5. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
I'm overdue for a re-read of this book, but if you love queer lit do yourself a favour and get on this immediately.

6. Vicious by V.E. Schwab
Morally grey anti-heroes, inventive narrative and super powers? One of my favourites from last year for sure.



7. Code Name Verity and Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
Part of a companion duology, these books deserve to be mentioned together. I loved Verity so much when I first read it I put off reading Rose because I didn't think I needed to continue with a different story. Or worse, I was afraid Rose wouldn't be as good. But oh man. Oh MAN. Please do yourself a favour and read these books--or better yet, listen to them both on audiobook, like I did. And get the tissues ready.

And that's all (for now)! I wanted to shy away from some of my favourites of the year because I didn't want to just rehash everything in my Faves of 2015 list. But that's coming tomorrow, so make sure to check back!

Have you read any of these? Do you want to? What books would you recommend finally getting to in 2016? Let's chat in the comments!