Monday 17 February 2014

Love for Books Readathon


I was just thinking that I needed another readathon. After Bout of Books in January was responsible for me having one of the best reading months ever. This readathon is being hosted by Novel Heartbeat and Confessions of a Bookie Monster.

I'm going to run this much like I did with Bout of Books and use this post as my sign up and tracking post... so check back for updates! I'll probably finish with a wrap up as well.

My Goals:
  • Read (at least) 2 (of these) books
    • Vicious by VE Schwab
    • Winger by Andrew Smith
    • Cress by Marissa Meyer
    • The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
  • Post reviews of any books read


Updates:
Monday, February 17
Pages read: 364
Complete? 1! (Vicious)
Thoughts: So, I accidentally read all of Vicious by VE Schwab in two sittings. HOLY SMOKES YOU GUYS. Everyone is so twisted and messed up and it was glorious. (Real review here!)

Tuesday, February 18
Pages read: 201
Complete? 1
Thoughts: Had to wait around for an oil change and then treated myself to some Starbucks. As a result I made it about halfway through Laurie Halse Anderson's The Impossible Knife of Memory. It is so amazing so far. I'd expect nothing less!

Wednesday, February 19
Pages read: 171
Complete? 2! (Vicious & The Impossible Knife of Memory)
Thoughts: I finished book 2 today and ugh. Laurie Halse Anderson continues to deliver. I'll have a real review up soon.

Thursday, February 20
Pages read: 0 :(
Complete? 2
Thoughts: I was tired after day 1 of Teacher's Convention today and ended up doing some mindless stuff far too late into the evening. I'm hoping to start Cress next though!

Friday, February 21
Pages read: 117
Complete? 2
Thoughts: Procrastinated on reading again today, but managed to start Cress later in the evening. Already, this book has me hooked. I cannot wait to see what's going to happen!

Saturday, February 22
Pages read: 106
Complete? 2
Thoughts: Oh my god you guys, Cress is so good. This whole series just keeps blowing me away.

Sunday, February 23
Pages read: 167
Complete? 3! (Vicious, Memory & Cress)
Thoughts: SCREECHING. I cannot wait an entire year for Winter. Oh my goodness. The Lunar Chronicles is fast becoming one of my favourite series of all time.