Tuesday 4 March 2014

Top 10 Tuesday || Popular Authors I've Never Read


Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a new category every week!

This week's topic is Top 10 Popular Author's I've Never Read. I omitted a few notable choices from this list because I don't really ever plan on reading anything by those authors... and I'd rather not cause trouble. So this is my Top 10 "I should really get around to those someday" authors!

I also tried to avoid too much overlap from last week's Top 10 Tuesday, in which I talked about my series TBR. So there are a pile of authors over there that I didn't mention again here.




1. Libba Bray
I own copies of A Great and Terrible Beauty and The Diviners. I don't know what I'm waiting for!

2. Brandon Sanderson
I keep hearing such great things about all his work. I really need to check him out.

3. Orson Scott Card
The Ender's Game and Pathfinder series really intrigue me, but I think they'll be library borrows given Card's atrocious homophobic behaviour.

4. Rick Yancey
The 5th Wave and The Monstromologist are both on my list!

5. Tahereh Mafi
Super late to the party, but I will eventually get on the Shatter Me bandwagon.


6. Richelle Mead
Again, a lot of buzz around the Vampire Academy series--especially given the movie release.

7. Douglas Adams
I own a bind up of Hitchhiker's and I know I'm going to love it. I just am a failure at reading books that are actually on my bookshelf.

8. Veronica Rossi
More amazing things to be said about the Under the Never Sky trilogy. I need to get a copy!

9. Philip Pullman
Despite reading (and loving) fanfic AUs with daemons I have never actually read any Pullman. (I own The Golden Compass too. Oops.)

10. Rae Carson
Another much beloved and hyped series. I need to check it out.